View Single Post
Old 04-Sep-2004, 09:05
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Well new belts and oils and filters so the bike is all sorted. Only gripe now are the tyres. original 9 year old michelins with plenty of tread but rock hard.
So this weekend will be spent removing all the bodywork and giving it a damn good cleaning before polishing all the inside of the plastics to remove 9 years of garage dust. Bike runs like a dream, and apart from that poor steering lock (thats going to catch me out that) i actually really like it.
Sadly it is part of my "buy my RC30" fund so it will have to go. The chap who serviced it was shocked by its low miles and factory like showroom cond in general. He reckons apart from the stud recal it looks like its never had a thing touched on it in its life. No sign of any spanner marks on nuts or corroded bolts or anything. and reckons i should ask for £3200 all day long for it. I was actually thinking more along the lines of £2800

Do you chaps reckon i will stuck with it for a while or should it go pretty quickly ? perhaps i should take it over to my folks garage in wales and stick it with the rest of the 250 / 350 ducati's of my dads and forget it for a few years. Seems a shame to do that after its service though and it may fight with the TZR250R