View Single Post
Old 26-Jul-2005, 01:13
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
After a grim start (rode all the way there in the rain on Sunday night, more like windsurfing down the M62) arrived in time for last orders, i was was hoping the rain would stop during the night. No such luck and Monday morning didn't look promising, what with new tyres and brake pads and a wet track.

Fortunately the rain stopped and the day was really superb. I only do on average 1 track day a year, but the DSC Track Attack was the most enjoyable one i've ever done.

Great to see lots of friends, listen to nothing but Ducati's, look at everyones bikes, (most interesting one was the 916 with the LSL handlebar conversion....just what the Multistrada should have been). Felt sorry for the ever helpfull Nelly, working on his day off.

Cadwell is a really interesting and hard track to ride, and as the day progressed my grin just got bigger, especially after lunch. There seemed to be a lot less get off's than some of the other track days i've been to. Best wishes for Wheelspin and at this stage the other unkown person who took big tumbles for a quick and full recovery.

Hero award goes to Dibble for lending his bike out to Rally who was without a bike. Villian award goes to someone who cut Redruth up badly in front of the Clubhouse and nearly nerfed her off.

Fastest tourer award goes to the 916 with a Givi rack fitted in the fast group.

Best wheelies (accidental of course as there frowned upon)
Chillo, Mr LSL bars, and last but not least Tantrum on the Funkystrada.

Funniest phrase HAMMER TIME! (subtle in joke here) for the fast cheeky monkey!

Biggest grin goes to DCR when he saw his knee down photo.

Huge thanks to Lizzie, Monty and everyone else involved in the organising of a top club event.

I had a great day, topped of by a dry ride home over the Peak District.

[Edited on 26-7-2005 by BDG]