View Single Post
Old 30-Apr-2009, 20:51
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Glad to be here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossco572
As a result of winning the weigh in, my enforced weight loss programme for the bike has begun, off went the stock rear shock and on went the ohlins that was on my perfect keep forever 900ss called duchess, also her carbon SL seat unit. had to find stick on number boards for that as it has a wonderful Foggy #1 in carbon showing through the paint work and i don't want to damage that. I'm really fed up that i could not for the life of me, find anywhere that stocked Fablon in plain yellow. eventually got these motox ones from a place in portsmouth called dirtbikebitz.com
i've also attacked the bike with a drill in an effort to get of excess metalwork, i am using a few probolt bits as well. this weekend i am going to a mates in cowley who is a bit of a wizz with a welder and we will try and convert the pipes from 2-2, into something like ghost has on his bike, sorry phil hope you haven't patented the idea yet and cheers for the insiration.!!
Don't go trashing a CF seat unit. It's only a race bike. I've got a white unpainted Ricambi Weiss 916 style seat unit with slight crash damage but usable. It's meant to fit the SS so should just go straight on. You can have it for free. I've also got some yellow fablon - correct RAL code too.