View Single Post
Old 13-Jan-2011, 20:24
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
As far as I have been told by Ducati UK, the tickets are allocated to dealers and it is up to the dealer to sell their tickets.
I know there will be a push to sell the two-day tickets first before selling the single day (ie, what's left over).
There are no prices yet, and I don't think (but I may be wrong) that anyone has an allocation yet either, so it is down to the dealer to run reserve lists if they so wish.
If your dealer is reserving them for new bike buying customers ... phone a different dealer?

You're right that there is no discount / pre-order / preference to clubs, but that's across the board and not just for us. The price is non-negotiable for the dealer as well, so there isn't room for them to give anyone a discount! Even if we got an allocation of tickets we would not be able to sell them cheaper than a dealer, and we wouldn't make any money off them either ... so really there's nothing in it for us except to attend and promote the club!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!