View Single Post
Old 26-Oct-2009, 12:05

916 won't accelerate

Hello all. I am new to this site but have had a few Ducati's over the years. I have a 1997 916 SP3 at the moment which i have had for 2 years. I have a problem with it and was wondering if anyone else has had the same or knows what it may be. Basically i was out for a ride with a couple of mates who were on jap bikes. We done 150 odd miles as usual with no problems at all. The bike was cleaned and put away until the next ride. The bike started on the button and ticked over fine but when i pulled away it would not accelerate properly. I could change gear fine but it was just not pulling and i could do no more than 20 mph. I thought it must be the clutch and i had a brand new set of plates in the garage so i fitted them. It made no difference at all. It has a brand new odyssey battery and has new oil and filter and has done about 2500 miles since a major service at pro twins. Before i take it to the garage i would like to try and sort it out myself if possible. Anybody have any ideas what it may be? Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers, Danny