Thread: Power Commander
View Single Post
Old 22-Jun-2003, 13:44
Big Twin

Well put it this way, my bike ran like sh*t before, as I had put sil-motor race cans on and 998 doesnt uses "chips" you need to buy a whole new ECU from Ducati.
It would cut out in traffic, spit thru the airbox constantly, and was very snatchy in first.
I got the map for 45mm slipons and intake restrictors removed. Took it out for a spin yesterday, ran fine all the way up to redline. Now, I'm not saying its 100% optimised for my bike (ie not getting max power possible) but it doesnt have any flatspots whatsoever now.
I will take it to the dyno, but just for a power run as i want to compare it to the run I did a while back.
For about 120 quid HM Racing (they know their stuff) will make you a map from scratch just for your bike, using not only the dynojet gas analyser but also their 4-gas analyser too, but I'm saving to buy a 54mm system before I spend money on a custom map!
Theres a guy on ebay selling PC3s for ALL bikes even the 749/999, he's a nice guy and one of the few who dont take the p*ss with P&P.

I reckon it was worth it just to be able to use first gear in slow corners, perfect for crossing it up on the exit