Thread: SP2
View Single Post
Old 01-Oct-2004, 20:05
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
Quote:
Originally posted by Otto Otto Otto
A lot of people buy Duke's to have something different, and to be honest, is'nt that the lasting appeal of the 888? Whereas the 916 etc is guilty of it's own success. I don't think I like the idea that Ducati is now a massive brand - the amount of trinketry that you can now buy for your bike is reminiscent of that other american gravy-train "Hardly Worthitson".
Does anybody else share this view, or have you all picked up your chosen weapon???

I can`t agree more with you Otto Speaking to KeefyBoy the other week about his Multistuka(hold my hands up,I had one too and thought it was a lot of fun)but the finish on the engine is appalling and the phrase mentioned was"they`re not hand built anymore,they`re mass-produced,wheel `em in,wheel `em out."Nowadays the "Ducati experiance"is more accessable than it was 10 or so years ago.A freind of mine and a fellow club member(Dodgy 749)previosly had a RSVmille and was reluctant to own a Ducati for the "Hardly Worthitson"reason you mentioned,turning Ducati into a fashion accessory,but I think that`s already happened

I`m ready for the onslaught