View Single Post
Old 03-Oct-2006, 11:27
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDaMauler
Certainly looks bigger and heavier then most cars, but you know what I`m saying...

The idea of "touring" on a luggage laden Ducati sports bike fills me with dread...

I would come back crippled and hating my bike and not wanting to ride it for months...

Its a crazy Idea, why do you think there are different types of bikes? stangely enough designed for a specific purpose ie:

Sports bikes - Race tracks
Tourers - touring
Sports tourers - fast touring
Cruisers - cruising/posing
Off road - off road riding.............the list goes on.

Why dont we have an off road/motoX day for everyone who owns a 999 or 749

Van interesting comments about types of bikes and their uses. I love using the 996 for trips to Europe, but i use the term 'touring' loosely as that sums up visions of droning down motorways.

My idea of 'touring' is riding fast down the twistiest roads possible only using autoroutes to avoid city centres. Full days quick riding followed by nice hotel, good food and a nights party, then repeat again the next day.

Ask Dibble about his favourite roads in the Central Massif. I'd rather do this than Cadwell Park, much though i enjoy Cadwell as well. When i get back i just want to do it again and love the bike, even though its track orientated and not built for touring, sod the little bit of discomfort. The idea of using a Gold WIng fills me with dread.

The only time i don't take the 996 is when i'm planning on doing some off road 'touring' and then its stuff like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ktm scot.jpg (62.0 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by BDG : 03-Oct-2006 at 11:38.