View Single Post
Old 07-Jul-2014, 23:45
Montjuic
Bikes: Triumph Speed Triple/DD 620/

Mood: It's a grand life if you don't weaken
I think the consideration over wets has opened a much more important debate, the future of DD! This is also compounded by the very sad news of the people who do the most for the series are considering standing down.
Like many others, I joined the series because it is accessible (especially for novices), friendly, comparatively cheap with big competitive grids. My fear is that going to wets possibly changes things to an extent where it is not that different from other race series and the DD grids would just get smaller.
Another consideration is that if we were on wets, the argument that we should be on our own for safety reasons does not apply any more, and then we could find ourselves out with other classes!
From riders far better qualified than myself it seems that opinion is divided over the technical merits of going to wets, but if there is any possibility that allowing wets in DD puts the future of the series at risk I am completely opposed!
Finally, those people who have tirelessly worked on keeping this fantastic series running for 10 years need our support, so as one of a great many in the paddock who are just happy with how things are (and therefore do not usually make much comment) I would like to fully support the fantastic work being done on our behalf, and please stay on.

PS. This is not meant to stifle healthy debate, just a note of caution and my personal support

Last edited by Trumpet : 08-Jul-2014 at 00:05.