Thread: 180/190
View Single Post
Old 16-Jun-2010, 18:12
Mille
Bikes: 750ss, 998s

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkati
eh? um, er. wibble? am i the only one that gets confused with the Pirelli options? i've only ever used the old supercorsas previously which were luvverly in the dry and vile in the wet...

You certainly are not. Not long ago I posted in another place as follows:

"As an aside, what bone idle sod is in charge of product naming at Pirelli? I'm thinking of some new boots on my 998. I know from changing tyres on the SS last year that the Diablo Rosso was replacing the Diablo. Or at least some dealers say it is; others insist they'll be available in parallel. But the Rosso is newer, ok, must remember that. I go check. Now there's a new tyre, the Rosso Corsa. I thought there was a Diablo Supercorsa SP - there is, aaaaaagh. And of course there's the oh-so-easily distinguished Supercorsa Pro. Is that the 3-compound one? No sir, that'll be the Diablo Corsa. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh.

So in their sports range alone there's a Diablo, a Diablo Rosso, a Diablo Rosso Corsa, a Diablo Supercorsa SP, a Dragon Supercorsa Pro, and a Diablo Corsa III. Simples.

I'm going to switch to Michelin 2CTs just cos I can remember their f***ing name.

Thanks, I feel better now."