View Single Post
Old 01-Sep-2005, 11:19
Mille

I have quite a few track fairings in my garage which do seem to vary in quality quite a lot. The original items are very sturdy and will obviously withstand frequent removals without showing any signs of use. I have noticed with the track day stuff, the first places it seems to split or chip are at the mounting points (where the pressure on the dzus fasteners are) or on the bracket on the seat unit. I know that they are only meant for track use but it seems that one off (even a light one) could render a panel unusable unless copious amounts of duck tape is used.

I spoke to Barry, who was recommended on this thread:
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/xm....php?tid=23624

and it seems that he can make them a bit thicker as he makes them to order. Very reasonable pricing - from £250 for side panels, nose cone, full bellypan and seat unit. No mudguard, v piece or small side panels (what are they called?) but it seems like a good deal, especially if they are more substantial than the stuff I have now.

I was going to get my existing stuff resprayed but seeing how flimsy it seems, it didn't seem worth it unless it was on some ebay original panels which could stand up to a few slides. I haven't seen Barry's work but this to me seems the way to go so I'll be ordering in the near future.

HTH

simon