View Single Post
Old 20-Jun-2006, 20:11
Mille

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCA

To suggest a bike thief would be able to brake into my house, disable the house alarm, find the bike and the keys from where they are hidden, disable the bike alarm, disable the steering lock & immobiliser, get past the locks and chains etc and successfully do all the above without me hearing, the dog ripping them to bits or a neighbor noticing is totally ridic.

Dont you ever go out?

If a thief wants to steel your bike and is determined enough it will be stolen.

Mine is at the back of a garage, flat against the back wall, locked up, with a car pinning it against the wall, then a locked garage door and then the wifes car pinned against the garage door. Then the gates.

However whilst I am at work the garage door and the locks are all that is left.
These days with car imobilisers being so good, thieves have to break into peoples houses for the keys, so I dont see why they cant take the bike whilst in there.

Some years ago my parents house was broken into and because their security was so good, ie alarms and locks. The gits removed a whole window by removing the beading etc. The only reason they didnt steal anything was because the payne was so big that they couldnt hold it and it hit the floor smashing and alerting a neighbour.

At the end of day we do what we can and hope for the best I suppose.