View Single Post
Old 26-Feb-2006, 22:29
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Quote:
Originally posted by pedro
what tyres you on jon? did you use warmers? apart from the spill,you pleased with your bike?

Was running 207GP's, I was using warmer's but my front one seems to have stopped working between Donny last November and today, so YES, the tyres were cold.

FWIW, JR pitched up for a while and he said there was no way he would have gone out today on anything less than full wets, the softer the better and stuff the expense.

Am I pleased with the bike? If I'm honest the spill really screwed my confidence, so didn't really feel like pushing it. Even though I've dropped bikes before, I've always known why. This one truly shocked me. I quite genuinely believed I was taking it really steady, and I got no warning at all. In later sessions I could feel her telling me that she was about to let go, which made the spill all the more baffling.

That said I found that by taping up 3/4 of the rad it kept the engine temp up in the high 70's so the misfire seems to have gone. Looks like it was the cold start system after all.

However, she was definately overgeared for Cadwell, Corsa's run a very tall first gear, and I found I could hold 1st all the way from the entry to the chicane right onto the start/finish straight, so I'm def gonna drop the gearing when I next run Cadwell.

Still don't think she's picking up as cleanly as she should, but that was maybe just me being a woose with the throttle, I probably needed to open her up a bit harder.

Plus Cadwell definately showed me the suspension is set too soft, but that's easily rectified. Just need to decide whether to risk another cold and wet one on 12th March, or wait for "hopefully" better weather.