View Single Post
Old 11-Nov-2005, 10:58
Big Twin

I've had Termi asymetric on my 03 749S for over a year now and done over 6,000 miles on them.

The CAN be loud, but only when you spank it, however at idle and lowish revs it just burbles (technical term) nicely and sounds brilliant. Compared to my wife's M620Sie with carbon Termis, it sounds more "raw" if you know what I mean. The 2 valve Monster has a deeper, more mellow sound, whereas the 4 valve 749 roars. Yeti is right that it is not anything like a Jap 4 howling away - nowhere near as offensive.

I live in a village full of old(ish) folk and I thought I was going to have trouble when I first got it fitted (after a year of std can). Not one single comment in over a year! I've ridden through town on many occassion and once I pulled alongside a copper in a car to wait for a couple of minutes in the next lane at some lights and he didn't even bat an eyelid. I was watching his reaction out of the corner of my eye, as were my mates behind me. So far, I've ridden past police and I just knock it into the hghest gear I can get away with and back the throttle off as much as possible. Hardly turns heads more than std then, until you open up again and then everyone turns to look.