View Single Post
Old 25-May-2009, 18:10
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Well just to show that I am attempting to be ready for the event my weapon of choice for this years trackday ran for the 1st time in something like 15 years toady!

Having had to use a degree disk to get the cam timing correct and then the same for the ignition timing, not one of the marks on the crankcases was actually in the right place.

I had problems with blocked jets and not enough petrol and now it is running more than a little rich, but at least it starts and ticks over so I can work from there to sort it out. I suspect float height is way to high and hence too rich.

Mionty and I are travelling up on the Sunday afternoon, ready for a nice early start on the monday, but only after a full english to set us up for the day.

There will be changes to signing on this year:

1) Priority will be given to those who have booked their place in advance.

2) Those who arrive on the day and wish to ride, will be handled in a different queue at the back of the room, so as to not impede those who have booked in advance.

3) We should have finalised the facilities to take debit and credit cards on the day, at the track, this week.

Chris