View Single Post
Old 18-Jul-2003, 15:05
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
I think the problem here is that there just isn't anyone under the current rules to challenge him/ducati...

Hodgson is a nice guy, but I agree that when he was being overtaken by the likes of Bayliss, Edwards, he couldn't get back past them and away... you could sit here and argue tyres, engines etc, etc all day... look at Laguna, Chilli winning on a two year old bike !!

Since GP became a 4 stroke game, everyone teams/manufacturers/riders all want to switch, and that has left WSB thin on the ground...

I'd love to see him win, but where then?, I'd love to see him have a crack in GP, but I honestly don't think he has that final 5% to challenge any of the big names.

Also what may or may not be of interest.... whilst riding for GSE his only WSB wins were on UK soil.... no other circuit. Whereas GSE have won a race this year with Toseland outside of the UK...

If anything, I imagine that Neil will win, no probs, Stalker won't do much at Brands (he doesn't like it that much), but Xuas and James will be the guys to watch, maybe Shakey or even Kagayama if Suzuki wildcard in.

[Edited on 18-7-2003 by jpmercer]