Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
Hence I ask if it can be identified where the growth has come from.

We don't have anything on the form to indicate where/how the member found out about the DSC, and we can't do it with the online PayPal payments either.

However, we can determine the difference between online payments (which are usually a sign of either finding or using the website) and mailed payments (of which quite a lot of members don't use the website).

We have done a lot more recently to attend events where we can recruit more members; the Excel show in Feb, promoting through Facebook and Twitter, attending DUK events such as Silverstone, and recently the VMCC 1000 bikes festival. None of these have cost us money but time is given up by those who attend to man the stands and chat to people.

Would we consider paying money for advertising? I would say no but it's not my decision alone. We have to be very careful that we are operating on a very tight budget right now to keep the members supplied with "value add" items, so diverting money from this has to have a good return with memberships and I don't think advertising alone will do it.

As discussed with the MT, the recent World Presidents Meeting that I attended was very helpful in determining our place in the market, justifying why we exist as a club and also whether or not we provide good value to our members. You will read all about it in the next Pronto, but suffice to say that we have a long-term action plan which will be supported by Ducati at the Factory and will be of major benefit to all members of the Club, and this will definitely help drive membership in the future.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!