Thread: Dunlop 209 gp
View Single Post
Old 14-May-2006, 14:13
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
Originally posted by deej
why do people never rate dunlop road tyres yet theyre the make that win bsb and ama, allways confuses me

ian if the 209's are going cheap i may be interested in taking them off your hands

Just because they win AMA and BSB doesn't mean that Dunlop as a manufacturer are successful in transitioning that technology down to the road tyres available to us plebs!

Michelin win the MotoGP all the time but as a preferred tyre for owners it must rate pretty lowly.

It's just down to personal preference really. If you have a bad experience on a certain tyre then you're logically going to go with something you know is good. I've used 207RR's on my VTR1000 back in Brisbane and my 996 had 207RR's on them as well. Both front tyres scalloped really easily and I never felt comfortable. The front end of the 996 seemed to want to tuck all the time and replacing the 207RR's with Pirelli SuperCorsa's stopped that and the bike felt better.

I'm very happy on the Pirelli range of tyres so I don't see any reason to change to something else.

Having said all that, the school uses the new Dunlop Qualifier so I daresay I'll get to know them fairly well and how they feel on a new R6.

I head a couple from the school had come off......and put the blame on that tyre?