View Single Post
Old 30-Oct-2003, 23:38
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Nice one FB, I was hoping my comments in the other post would prompt you in to doing something like this, mainly as I intend the new bike to feature a lot of mods you have done, trouble is mine will hopefully all be done in one hit over the winter so it will be a bit hard to evaluate them independently.

At the moment my 916BP road bike has 45mm Carbon Termis with Senna Open Chip, carbon airbox and a renthal sprocket carrier running one tooth larger rear sprocket.

Where as my 916 Strada race bike has a 54mm system with Arrow Ti cans, no air filters or gauze, Harris rearsets, alloy subframe with carbon seat, renthal rear carrier with usually a 38th sprocket fitted with the front one tooth less than normal, luckily the 748R slipper clutch helps out at the hairpins. Wheels I have a choice std 3 spokes for Wets, 5 spoke alloys for inters and 5 spoke mags for the main race rubber usually Rennsports, Discs are the fully floating SPS type helped by a Brembo radial mastercylinder. and it has just a Tacho and temp gauge on a alloy bracket.

The new bike at the moment has a 748RS frame fitted with a 998BP engine, forks are of the Nitrided Showa variaty and mounted in Mag yokes (but will be replaced with Ohlins forks in Harris adjustable yokes at some point). The rear is fitted with a Mag race arm (may get replaced with a Carbon one) along with a race spec ohlins and works spec rocker. Its going to use the Mag wheels from the race bike with Spondon discs and the 4 pad callipers again with a Brembo Radial Mastercylinder. Harris rearsets will again be used. the engine will be standard b apart from a FBF bearing type slipper clutch driving to a Renthal sprocket carrier. I hope to be able to adapt my 748RS 54mm Exhaust to fit in time, but may start with a 50mm system with Carbon Termis. No doubt there will be a few more mods to follow.

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by skidlids]