View Single Post
Old 20-Jun-2011, 20:58
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDL
Most people who are regular TD goers have a set of wets and know when to use them but I see you point.

The problem isn't having wets or knowing when to use them but when the scenario happens were you are 20 minutes from a race being called and it starts shower, do you choose wets or not! and if you do then will you get all the bolts tightend correctly in the panic to get the wets on and certainly at a place like Anglesey where it dries very very quickly you can trash a set of wets in one race. Fair enough if someone can afford wets and the bloke next to him can't then they may have an unfair advantage but I've said it before, for a novice trying to get into racing your aren't the cheapest club. It's cheaper for me to race with W100 and also PDMCC. So if someone can afford to race at every one of the DD rounds they can certainly afford a set of wets.

Paul

It may be cheaper for you to race with your local club(s), but what you are forgetting is that the DD series covers and caters for riders from all over the UK as best it can, ie Brands, Snet, Pembrey, Castle Coombe, Cadwell, Angelsey to name but as few, and to that extent it is cheap.

One thing a lot of people are missing is that nearly all of the great one make series with control tyres only ran with one not two types of tyre.

Chris