View Single Post
Old 07-May-2005, 22:57
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Met up with Bradders this morning and rode up to Silverstone to watch the racing. caught up with Dallas and his son and then went and met up with Garry Smith whose lovely wife made Bradders a cup of tea to help warm him up a bit after his long ride.
Saw some good races, i'll leave it to Garry to post about his races as we watched the first SoT race from the banking I was busy talking to some friends (Very, Very, Very, Very quick racers) when along came Louigi. Watched the race 1st was Nigle Reid on the SV1000, 2nd was Deano on his 998R with Andy Peck 3rd on the Spiderman Aprilia. 2nd Minitwin home was Luke Brackenbury ex of Performance Bikes and now with Bike magazine, went and found him in the paddock afterwards to have a chat as he wants to guest in the DD series and has contacted Ducati UK about riding their bike, Considering this was his 5th race meeting he is doing well as he leads the North Glos Minitwin series and was ahead of Louigis man Tim Watts on his 955 so it should be interesting if he gets a guest ride.
2nd SoT race was also a good one with Andy 1st, Deano 3rd and the guy on the Ex Dean Thomas bike splitting them in 2nd. I think Luke was 3rd in the MiniTwins as a local Oxford lad Craig Polden who runs in the MRO also got ahead of him this time.

On the ride home I thought I had lost Bradders so turned around to go in search of him when he comes trundling into view, after I turned around and pulled alongside he pointed to his fairing where the left mirror was missing, luckily he had noticed it was about to fall off and grabbed it, pulled over and tucked it in his leathers.
Hope you got home without getting to wet Paul