View Single Post
Old 05-Aug-2009, 22:15
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Damn, that place is slippery when wet!
A fun day for me so I took the 996 with wets and the R6 with Supercorsa bsb's. 996 failed noise, despite being very baffled, so had to take the Yam out in the wet with the SC's on. Both wheels sideways everywhere, even on the sighting laps!

Hot and bone dry by lunch time and for the rest of the day. Now the SC's are showing what they can do... Brilliant tyres, one easily controllable slide on the left on the first cold tyre lap, but by lap 2 they were up to temp and it was knee down time!

Took #34 out for a session just to bring back some loving memories. The track was still wet for this one and I had a big slide getting on the gas outa the last corner... caught off guard really, but it was such a smooth slide it just looked like a really cool power drift!!!

Really chuffed with the R6, it's an absolute rocket when it's singing from the top half of the rev range, and the bumps didn't bother it at all, just rode through them with a hand full of throttle. Forks need a bit of setting up though - 151mph on the clock before braking for quarry saw the back wheel airborne, as it did many times, and powering out the bends had the front off the deck just a bit.

Great day, only my second track day of the year so I'm knackered. And I burned my hands

Happy days!