View Single Post
Old 06-Jun-2005, 23:33
Bikes: 1098S, 996SPS, CBR1000RR (for when it rains!)

Guys

thanks for all your input, I called Steve Jordan today and have spoken to him about getting the bike looked over and then possibly booked in.

Shazaam, the spring I am using at the moment is an ohlins 62N/mm, code 15. With the rider sag correct the free sag isn't much differance which made me believe that the spring was still to hard, however I am getting full deflection with the shock just touching the bump stop on large deflections, and K-tech told me that they would be very surprised if I needed anything softer. Any thoughts? Do Ohlins go much lower than code 15?

They were also able to set me straight on the internals of my shock and confirm that the shim stacking was no differant than on the original unit for my bike. I have managed to get a better road ride by removing all compression damping and backing off the rebound by 30 clicks. I will try and get a good track setting next week at silverstone.

Finally I did manage to weigh myself accuratly at 59kg, the MOT tester at work is definatly out.

thanks again for all your help.