Thread: 748R Question
View Single Post
Old 18-Apr-2006, 19:18
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting at the Crossroads......
No worries..... it really is something special to own.

One of the things I love about it (and I don't want to appear to be snobby coz I'm not) is that when you get on it and look down at the plaque on the top yoke which says Ducati 748R No: XXX you realise that you are now a member of a very exclusive club. Only 1,000 made of them in that year and you have one of them. Now that's special.

Make sure you get the paddock stand and cover that came with all the bikes.

If you have the 50mm race termigs fitted (it would be rude not to) then don't be surprised that when you fire it up small birds fall out of trees and children run indoors crying for their mum's.

To tell the truth I didn't even mean to get one......

A guy at work bought in photos of the 748R and his R1 and said they were for sale (I've been tooling round on a ZX9 for quite a few years) I said I couldn't afford either but loved the 748R - quiet a few people preferred the R1 - weird. Anyway, the following day he bought the Ducati in and that was it - a call to the wife asking to borrow a few grand and that was it - I owned it. Not regretted it for one moment. Yes it has had problems but you can forgive it - it is what it is, simply a modified race bike with lights and indicators. You'll love it !