View Single Post
Old 30-Jul-2012, 19:52
Montjuic

DDA Fitting - pics

Hello All,
As posted below, my DDA kit turned up last week and I fitted it on saturday. I have yet to get out and test it but will provide some screen shots of the info when I have it.

Step 1: Undo box in a flurry of excitement and spread contents around your dining room table:

Step 2: Put your bike somewhere where you are comfortable to work on it as you have to remove both side panels, the plastic surrounding the ignition barrel and nose fairing:

Step 3: Remove the plastic surrounding the ignition barrel and the two sections that are linked to it, the side panels and the nose cone. Curse at the complexity and whistfully remember the good old days of your 996/998, the Dzus fasteners and speedy fairing removal. Be careful removing the right hand side panel as there is a cable tie through the upper right hand corner that ties it to the wiring loom that you will have to cut.

Step 4: Remove the plastic binnacle cover, attached by four bolts in the corners. The lower ones require a long hex key ( allen key ) or one on a socket extension.

Step 5: Marvel at the heat sink needed for the LED lights. Do not touch this if you have had the lights on! The instructions clearly state that no wiring should come into contact with these and a couple of cable ties are supplied to keep it away. I used a few extra for good measure:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DD1.1.jpg (325.2 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg DDA 2.1.jpg (445.3 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg DDA3.1.jpg (508.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg DDA4.1.jpg (530.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg DDA5.1.jpg (450.5 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by benF04 : 30-Jul-2012 at 20:13.