Thread: MS convert ?
View Single Post
Old 30-May-2004, 21:31
Big Twin

Just done 2700 miles round France, Monaco Grand Prix etc on my MS. Last time I did the same trip was on a 996s and it nearly put me of biking for good. Found the MS to be a pretty good all rounder it was excellent on the twistys but lost out on the faster sections where my mates Gsxr1000 and ZX12r would romp off into the distance. But as I was in charge of sorting the route out there was a lot more Alpine passes than fast straight bits! I have not regretted the change at all.

The bike really does need the Comfort seat and higher screen though, I was cursing the fact that the week before the trip I actually had a comfort seat in my hands and did not buy it! Another plus point was both my mates came back with rear tyres worn through to canvass whilst mine looked like it would do the same trip again easily.

On the generally poor roads we have in this country the MS can pretty much keep up with anything, you just have to ride it pretty hard though. I find this more fun than having to be ever so cautious with the throttle and holding back all the time for fear of being spat off the latest 1000cc bikes.

Buy one!