View Single Post
Old 07-May-2006, 01:30
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Hello

not sure what to say, as there are alot of good points raised here.
I only started doing track days a couple of years ago, after riding/getting used to the bike on the road (mostly solo riding then on DSC rideouts) To be honest never really gave TD's a thought, but started with Rockingham with the DSC in the wet, and really enjoyed it which was strange, but I kept thinking this would be great in fair weather.

Then went to Cadwell with the DSC and was very nervous, (more so the fact I new I could go as fast as comfortable and many would pass me from all different angles) and for a while kept worring about holding people up. Then I thought as long as I try and take the line that I felt comfortable with (as explained in the briefing. sighting points) the rest of you buggers can go under me or round me, and on many a corner this happened, which for me was a buzz, as I could start to see what lines other people were taking.

I did however have some scarey moments and slowed down to take a breather, but for me personally thats part and parcel. I show respect I get none so be it. . . we do what we do.

The DSC trackdays for me are a must, more so because there are enough instructors within the club to give you advice and instruct, if you need advice ask, if you want to complain . complain make a point!

Outside the DSC well if you dont ask you dont get, in all situations you can get help, and well we all need help:P

I am well aware that we all have different stories to tell, but for me I was very dissapointed that as a club we could not fill the DSC track days.

I would be more than happy just to do DSC trackdays 2/3 a year and continue to go on the occasional ride out even if its raining.

regards

TopiToo