View Single Post
Old 21-Oct-2013, 22:01
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimjob
Mark what frame is your bike, an SS? I'm trying to replace my seat unit with an enclosed one too. Matt larett's got a Cbr 600 tail fairing that I think looks good.

Skids what is that seat unit in the picture and I take it the bikes an SS too? Also it looks like its fixed from under the seat foam which I take it means the foam needs to be removed each time you need to take the seat unit off or I suppose you could have a couple of access holes in the foam. Either way are there any good places to get them from other than the obvious eBay?

Jim as with Mark's frame my 2014 bike uses a Monster frame an the seat unit is a ZX10R hence why I have a Spare ZX10R seat, the seat foam will be cored to allow access to the bolts which is pretty standard practice.

My pair came off ebay as some guy racing a ZX10R produced several from a mold he made and by collecting in person I got a deal on his final two

Mine will have a stick on foam pad where Dallas has gone up market and got the seat unit with the pad that attaches with Dzus fasteners and are available on Ebay for around £150

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook