Thread: Clutch Woes
View Single Post
Old 24-Apr-2006, 18:19

Dave

I took it out at the weekend, when I set off all was normal. After about 60 miles I noticed that when the clutch lever was pulled in there was very little initial resistance and it didn't feel as though anything was happening until about halfway through its total travel. The biting point had also moved closer to the bars though I could still get neutral without too much difficulty. There was no 'creeping' whilst in gear with the clutch disengaged so it obviously wasn't dragging

Upon getting it home and bleeding the master cylinder it was immediately noticeable that there was resistance as soon as the lever was pulled in. The biting point had also moved out to the point where the lever was almost fully released

I reckon that if I had continued riding it then I would have lost the use of the clutch altogether

Its out of warranty but going in for a 2 year service in the next couple of weeks, so they should be able to find out what is going on

I don't think that the plates are worn, I suspect that its sucking air into the system somewhere

Its worrying that people are having replacement slave cylinders fitted already. Do they gradually fail or do they just malfunction without warning ?