Thread: Race Bike
View Single Post
Old 21-Jul-2004, 17:05
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
To put the TZ250 thing in perspective, mine cost me £2000, it is a '92D so pretty old and runs on avgas(hard to get but lots cheaper then race fuel at £1.10 litre) and proper race oil at £16 litre. It cost us about £1000 to rebuild the motor for this season but that did include a pair of new barrels which you wouldn't normally need. Tyres and other stuff cause you may crash is just normal running stuff. JohnnyB is going hard but towards the back of the grid since we are running a normally aspirated bike against loads of ram air bikes which have about 10bhp more than us(85-90 against our 75-80). The series we have chosen to run in-New Era Superclubs-is with the MRO the top 250 class in the Uk so most of the guys running are either ex British Championship runners or using ex championship bikes. We would do a lot better in normal club racing but have chosen to ride in the series we ride in. The series most suited to my bike is the Forgotten Racing Clubs Pre '95 GP250 class, I timed the winner of that series at Cadwell and he was lapping in the same times as JohnnyB, using a similar bike. Things that JohnnyB and I have got to discuss for next year if we decide to continue.

John

[Edited on 21-7-2004 by Monty]