View Single Post
Old 03-Jun-2006, 13:08
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
well thru trial and error i fitted the new unit
bike starts ok ticks over ok current goes into battry rev the engine to get better reading and the 15 amp fuse blows to fuel pump and ignition indicating a short circuit inspect all wires replace fuse bike starts ok ticks over ok current goes into battry rev the engine to get better reading and the 15 amp fuse blows replace fuse bike starts ok ticks over ok current goes into battry rev the engine to get better reading and the 15 amp fuse blows
then i notice that when fuse replaced ignition on charging light does not illuminate bike starts ok ticks over ok current goes into battry rev the engine to get better reading and the 15 amp fuse blows charging light illuminates
swop back over regulator unit to old one recharge battery switch on, charging light illuminates, goes out when engine running but alas no charge going into battery after several more switches on and off and more multi meter testing more revving of the engine as well as turning into contortionist to hold multi meter points at the strategic points to test as welll as controlling the throttle all this in my fully air conditioned scenic workshop in full view of my well pi**ed off neighbours
in short the thing aint working and ive lost me patience ---see you all later