View Single Post
Old 14-May-2003, 22:48
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
8ugger...If it aint one thing it's another.

I've had to fix things quick because I'm commuting on the bike this week.

So. I've fixed my false neutrals (caused by a loose footrest hanger which I probably didn't notice because it didn't flex when weighted) simply by tightening allen bolts

I've fixed my brake light switch by using a bit of plastic spar off a Revell Foggy Rep kit as a replacement for the pin between the lever and the switch.

Sorted then, apart from the bent bits?

Err, no. Today saw the neutral light develop a mind of it's own, coming on when I was doing 60 and obviously in gear, staying on when it felt like it, (whatever gear I was in) and going off when I was in neutral. Not a huge problem except that Nelly fitted a sidestand bypass so that I could start it on the sidestand in Neutral and let it warm up. Effectively I can't do that now, because it must use the neutral light to cut the ignition when it goes into gear. And with the light going on when in gear and sometimes being off when in neutral...

Then, on the way home I noticed the Tacho won't register much past 4K. Give it any more revs and it just sort of flicks meaninglessly between 4 - 5 K

8loody Ducatis. Good job I love it so much