View Single Post
Old 11-Jul-2003, 21:48
Mille

Bloody hell those four strokes are noisy !!!!!
I was sitting at the Old Hairpin in the infield and would have found it difficult to hold a conversation with anyone, even though I was some distance from the track.
Bumped into David Cook but got the impression he couldn't recall who I was. Good job I was wearing my DSC @ Mallory T-shirt.
Should have met Mike Stanley but lost his mobile number. Sorry Mike. Should have put it in my phone rather than scribbling it down on a piece of paper !!
Chris Burns was out for WCM on an old Harris Yamaha 500cc two stroke and by comparison, his machine sounded like a sewing machine.
Sweetest sounding for me was Rossi's Honda. Sounds most like a Bologna L-twin with Termi's fitted.Sorry but the Ducati is slightly too high pitched. The Kawasaki is the noisiest, and when they back that thing off the throttle going into the Old Hairpin it pops and rattles like a machine gun ! If it was mine, I'd have to stop and check it was still OK.
That KR5 of MucSpreaders sounds shite and just doesn't seem fast enough (appreciate these things are all relative).
At the end of the day the boys in the R6 Cup went out on their machines. They were running either Akropovic full race system or end can. Whatever, they were almost silent !
If you're going and want to do some shopping, the Exhibition Centre is worth a visit. Plenty stalls in there offering all the things we need and many that we don't !
Beware of prices : £2.80 for a burger, £2.80 for a pint and £3.00 for a large coffee. Everyone charges the same. There's either just one outlet or they're operating an illegal cartel of some sort.