Thread: bike set up
View Single Post
Old 07-Sep-2006, 10:42
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Clegg
I'm final starting to understand all about this, snetterton showed up a few places where my bike felt weak. So I would like to look into servicing my shocks or finding something better. I'd also like to look at servicing the brake callipers. As I’ve not got any money at all now I'm just looking into what can be done and what id get from it. This has all been highlighted for me in this week MCN as they got an old bike to go real fast just by working on set up. I haven’t messed with the shock all season, as I didn’t understand what I wanted from them. Now I’ve been racing for a bit I think I can understand the changes if I made some. An advice would be fantastic and who to talk to would be good to.

p.s. some idea of cost as well.

Dom

I run a STD 900SS shock that has not been re-worked or re-conditioned...!! the forks are bog std with no work done on them at all...the brakes are std just cleaned and pads chanded regularly...2 sets a year..!!

I cant push the bike to its limit in std 49.2 bhp form as it stands.!......

You just have to ride em dude...and work on your riding etc ..... its been said by Chris and i agree and this is applicable to both 620 and 583...Just go rode em..sure of it feels wrong change it but other than that ....ride ..!!

Its not the tool its the rider..................

HTH

Phil