View Single Post
Old 19-Jun-2006, 12:40
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCA
To suggest a bike thief would be able to brake into my house, disable the house alarm, find the bike and the keys from where they are hidden, disable the bike alarm, disable the steering lock & immobiliser, get past the locks and chains etc and successfully do all the above without me hearing, the dog ripping them to bits or a neighbor noticing is totally ridic.

We all know thief’s are opportunists, if you choose to leave a high performance / desirable car on an open drive and leave your keys lying around in the house, you are giving any potential car thief a clear opportunity and my point is, is that you are more likely to get it nicked then someone who goes about it differently. I have never said you deserve it, what I did say it don't expect me to synthesize with this apparent fully-comp complacent mentality.

I keep my bike(s) in my garage. The garage is an integral part of the house & it's wired up to house alarm, my keys are hidden in the house, the road bike is fitted with alarm/immob (cat1) & both bikes are chained up to ground anchors (security approved). Although I'm fully-comp, I hadn't considered myself complacent.

I still feel some sympathy to those that have lost their pride & joy to some lazy thieving scumbag.

Call me a snob, but if you've got a secure garage, isn't it a bit gypo'ish to keep your bike in the house?!!!!