View Single Post
Old 11-Feb-2010, 20:42
Montjuic

Nice one.

Its a large bill to swallow but it will be worth it imho.Glad you didnt opt for ebay unless they are a brand new set.No point fitting used parts imho as they will have wear so it will just be another big bill when it goes wrong again.

If you think you have it bad i also had to replace sprag,flywheel and primary gear as they had all gone tits up too.All that and the cam and one opening rocker was about £850 along with full service at JHP.Credit card took a real beating that day LOL.

Have to say though bike is unbelievable since i had it sorted.I could tell as soon as i pulled away bike felt 10 times better.Then on my first real ride on some good roads i was amazed as it was lifting the front wheel in third gear.I know my bike and it has never been like that second yes but third.Big smile.

Watch out for them cameras as it will go lke stink when you get it back together.

As for service i spoke to Rick and Buzz and they always do a full inspection of my cams and rockers every service ie 6000 mls.No wonder my bills aint cheap but then i usualy have it over serviced (belts changed every 6000mls oil 3000) to be on the safer side.Well it is a highly strung SPS after all.

Let us know how you get on when its all back together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmpphpyx8wvr.jpg (221.7 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by matt#corse : 11-Feb-2010 at 20:57.