View Single Post
Old 20-Jun-2006, 13:48
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
Thumbs up Focussed events - nice one!

mate of mine booked us both last minute to the first trackday of the year (finances,family all conspiring against me), GP circuit, lots of tracktime meet you at 7:30. So i turn up at Brands and wait...and wait, not on the list, mate doesn't turn up - do the briefing fill in the forms and then "bling" check any other days on "yes GP circuit at Silverstone" - mobile goes dead, so fast ride from Brands to Silverstone, miss the turn off and add 40 miles to the journey just for fun (not!) arrive and go see organisers - no problem, the day runs until 8pm so plenty of tracktime, forms and briefing OK'd - 3 sighting laps with the instructor and off we go. Not only was it a very full day but they put on a barbecue with drinks at 5pm!! So it started out bad and ended up with a big smile and loadsa miles - bike running better than ever after its clear out and tyres back to proper profile. 2 other funny things heading down through a fast bit just been overtaken by some racer with numbers, sit up for the corner and the sticker off his bike flies off and goes straight acros my face - man!! scramble to rip it off my visor in time to get into the corner - but what are the chances of that??? Superbike magazine were their as well with freebies, but there was a very heated exchange in the garage between the instructors and the Superbike mag guys on riding style/etiquette i think -- oohh errr teddys were all over the floor - great day and focussed events did a marvellous job on the day - thanks