View Single Post
Old 26-Apr-2005, 13:47
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Steve,

I doubt it is the exactly the same bike, stand still in top drawer racing and you go backwards.

There will have been a load of changes on pretty much every front, the only area that stays the same are where you can't go homologating new bits every five minutes.

As Jools says unless you're there you can't really say with certaintly what the score is. The PR smolescreens don't help and that applies to any race team.

WSB does make some attempt the equal out the advantages of some bikes but I would say that the rules allow some bikes to be "more equal" than others.

The rules might changed to address the balance again but until the rule makers are sure that something needs to be done they are gonna wait and see.

From what I have heard and seen the Suzuki WSB team have stolen a march on the opposition, whether or not this remains temporary remains to be seen. On the Ducati Front they are the only team to be running both WSB and Moto GP team out of the factory?? IMHO that has got to dilute the effort of one of both for what is in numbers terms a very small manufacturer.

If the rules change in WSB it may well not be necessary to go V4, that one is in the hands of the rule makers. In some respect technology is getting out of hand in what is really meant to be a very tricked up roadbike series? Big bang engines, traction control don't really have a place IMHO in WSB.

Comparing the AMA and BSB is not really comparing like for like for one major reason, Tyres. In some respects we have lost a gauge of how good the locals are against the WSB boys or vice versa, another loss as far as the spectator is concerned IMHO.

I hope all the teams in WSB can raise the game to put Suzuki under pressure, 'cos all I want to see is a big pack of bike battling for the lead.

Ray