Thread: bleeding brakes
View Single Post
Old 20-Apr-2006, 13:01
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveO749R
Hi

I have experianced this a few times I suspected air trapped at the top of the banjo connection to the master cyclinder.

Try the following in this order.

1. Pump the brake lever a few times and tie wrap the lever back hard against the bar and leave it over night. Hopefully the air will move up and into your master cyclinder. If not move the bike into the sun and let the warm sun heat up master cyclinder hoping the trapped air inside expands and then moves up into the cyclinder. Sounds daft but it works.

2. Use a syringe (cost coppers from a local store) attach the bleed hose to the end fill it with fresh fluid connect it to your caliper bleed nipple and force the fluid up through the system into your master cyclinder. Use a reasonable sized syringe to ensure enough fluid is pushed through the system ensuring no air remains (oh and don't forget to keep and eye on the expansion bottle as the fluid comes up empty it with a second syringe).

Just keep trying u will get there in the end.

Regards

Dave O

I would challenge the use of "forcing fluid in with a syringe as it would inevitably have air in it.

However, i would use a syring to draw the fluid through by attatching it to the bleed pipe. This does work and will draw out the air as well as you new clean fluid. With the undrslung rear calliper, you do need to unbolt it and mount it on top of the disc to bleed!