View Single Post
Old 03-Feb-2005, 17:43
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
because you come into race 1 and get a great start... then after hairpin you're heading up mountain towards Hall bends and Domski sticks his front wheel 2" from yours, the first thing you do is panic and forget to turn..... end up sitting looking at the sky thinking "crap, what went wrong"

I know at times i must sound really really condescending.... but don't forget i'm the guy who was punted off from behind at 130+mph last time at Mallory. Simply put, the guy would not have performed that manouver on a trackday.

honestly mate, you need to get used to mixing it with the fast lads....

the fact you are on a 620 Monster honestly has sod all to do with it....

Fil2's mate laps in 1.42 on a RD350 !!!!! LOL WJB and the other CB500 lads lap quicker than you or i on a pile of crap commuter bike.....

[Edited on 3-2-2005 by weeksy]

They've also got a lot more track experience than I have, and this is me trying to get that experience. I've only done two track days and I'm not going to run out into the fast group at this stage on this bike on a track I haven't even played on a games console, let alone been there.

Look, I don't know how I'm going to react to having someone a few inches off my wheel, I've never raced before, but I really don't think I'm going to start loading my undies - I've been involved in live fire exercises with live rounds whistling over my head from guys behind me who've only been in the Army since breakfast. You just get on with it, it's out of your control.

I appreciate that you're just trying to help but I've chosen my path, you can have the satisfaction of thinking "I told you so" to yourself if I make such a mistake

Thanks mate