Thread: Termi can mods
View Single Post
Old 26-Feb-2005, 23:09
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by tony h
why buy 45mm termi open cans . ive reworked my standard 996 cans by using the standard ends & aluminium sleeve dont get me wrong its not as simple as it sounds but now ive got road legal stamped race cans with new stainess steel internals for a fraction of the cost of second hand ones if anyones interested let me know ?

Done this mod a few times now with good results. I have since sold the bikes with the cans on and although you end up with cans that are marked for road use mine were actually on race/track bikes Old Yella has my old 748 that had the recored 916 cans and were on the bike when I raced it at Silverstone last October and the other cans that were recored were 996 ones that are slightlt longer than the 916 ones and will be found blasting around Pembrey tomorrow with Senna3 as they are on the 916 Strada he now owns. They sound every bit as good as my Carbon Termis and are far more robust when it comes to crashing. Yes they are heavier but not as heavy as they were originally all in all its a worth while conversion. I know have another set I am thinking of getting done this time the alloy sleeves have been stove enameled black.
As they say you pay your money and take your choice or in this case you don't pay your money.
Is it just me that likes to have my bikes crashable, in that I'm not to worried about damaging my bike, anybody that knows my 916 will know what I mean.

Kev