View Single Post
Old 13-Feb-2005, 10:11
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Fordie: Had a blinding day out (huge thanks for the use of the van), can't believe how great Cadwell is, and the weather played ball for most of the day.

Only missed one session due to completely failing to notice that I was filling my beauty with satan's oily filth...... Quick drain of the tank, rinse out, and she was back on track for the next session whizzing and popping like a good 'un.

Overall I think we were both pretty stoked at how the little 600s handled the day, consistently tracking down and munching much larger bikes. Gearing is something of an issue, but the suspension handled the highs/lows and gale force winds, and brakes (both standard and uprated) seemed more than up to the job at hand.

It's worth saying that the day started wet (rivers running across the track, went to damp for the second session (with a few dry lines) and finished dry for the last few sessions, and the Diablos didn't give out once despite being ridden ragged in some very sketchy conditions.

Finally a big shout to Kelly for putting up with seven hours of 'race-talk' and to Fil2 for doing all the loading, driving and complaining about carb-icing......

Cheers,

Ali