View Single Post
Old 08-Sep-2009, 22:56
Big Twin

Mood: Feeling peckish
Class B 600SS for sale, race ready

NOW SOLD

As it looks unlikely I'll be back in DD for next year and could use the money elsewhere, my 600SS DD bike is up for sale.
I raced the bike last year and had no mechanical issues at all, it's done one trackday this year and that's it.

History - this is Chris Wood's old class B bike.

Chris spent a lot of money getting the bike properly prepared, including getting the engine professionally rebuilt and set up, a lot of suspension work, top quality brakes.

Engine - pulls very well off the line, the bike is no slower or faster than the other class B SS bikes in a straight line but I was always able to make up a row or even two off the start. Starts and runs sweet, some piston slap from cold as with most of the early 600s.

Suspension - Marzochi forks, Showa SSie longer rear shock, both resprung and reworked by K-Tech. Shock has adjustable compression and rebound damping.

Brakes - 996 brake and clutch master cylinders, braided hoses, twin Goldline calipers with Performance Friction pads, very trick full floating cast Brembo discs. Two finger braking from any speed with lots of progression and feedback, zero fade - best brakes I've ever had on a bike.

Foot controls - 749 rearsets on adaptor plates, direct gearshift, race shift pattern.

Exhaust - madified 900ss 2-1-2 stainless headers, custom made high level big bore exhausts, could do with repacking, Well tucked out of the way, no issue of damage in crashes.

Fairings - Ricambi Weiss, slightly tatty in places but sound and useable.

Comes with V5 and all road gear - seat, clocks, lights, road fairings, foot controls etc.
Also comes with a spare complete set of tatty but useable race fairings.

Bike is race ready and could be taken straight out, would need a service for next season and that's it.

Looking for around £1300 all in,
this most excellent bike is back up for sale. I bought it off of Zimbo a couple of years ago. I managed to get out on it twice, Mallory and Anglesey, but apart from that its been sat around, begging to be played with and looking very sad

This bike needs a loving home and an owner who has got more time and less commitments than I do.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Andy Turner has NOW SOLD the bike
__________________________________________________ ______________
I've got new pics if you want them but it looks exactly the same with new tyres and a lap timer.

Last edited by skidlids : 22-Apr-2013 at 21:10.