View Single Post
Old 07-May-2009, 15:57
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
a lot of really interesting facts and opinions, most of which I concur with in one form or another.

Also, most miss the key point; peolpe HAVE put forward themeselves, their time and their ideas, and are normally met by a wall of silence at best. So much so there is no one left to offer...

and this 'ask not...' attitude tbh is way off the mark; members pay a subscription and therefore rightly have the belief they should get something back...where are the pin badges? the stickers? an easy example of the kind of things which showed some value

if someone else came forward, and had the appetite, enthusiasm and expereince, and wanted to take the club on, would they be welcomed? if its such a hardship to keep it running, and life changes we all know that along with commitments, it will be easy to pass the reigns to such person, woudlnt it? Alas history appears that is not the case; there is a hardcore at the centre, which were pivotal in building the club, who either seem to have lost the appetite or other things have taken over oin their lives...yet they still refuse to pass the challis over to move to the next era

I have been umming and arrring about the TD this year, as my membership lapsed in Feb and no DD means theres no other reason anymore to renew. The form is done, the Ducati is in the garage, but I still havent posted it. I think I now know why, and I wont be.

I read my own post with a hint of a smile- on the ISC I'm seen as pro MT, by some on here anti MT, yet always post in the same manner...go figure