View Single Post
Old 26-Mar-2009, 23:02
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by head chief
If a 996 engine is to be stroked 2mm using ti rods the timing gear shaft needs to be trimmed a bit to clear the con rods.

Trying to make standard 996 cases to fit a bolt on deep sump is a mission. Lots of machining and just the magnisium pick up pipe and special oil filter together is near 500 quid plus the mag sump and machine work to make it all fit.

If your looking to build a bomb proof bottom end then this could be a good idea - http://cjsracing.co.uk/Bryan%20Jacques.htm

I know Bryan quite ell as we have raced against each other quiote a bit in North Glos's Sound of Thunder series and he really does have a strong quick motor for which he Credits Chris for.
Last time I spoke to Bryan was when he turned up at the New Era meeting at Pembey when DD was racing there last year and I had the odd cuppa with him and his wife and he was telling me how little looking after the engine required.
Certainly an option worth considering, I have seen the mag sumps go for quite a bit on Ebay and after Dallas blew his 996 Corse based engine up those bits sold very quickly when he decided it was beyond repair so switched to a 998R

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook