View Single Post
Old 02-Oct-2009, 18:44
Bikes: Recent bikes: ZX6R (05), GSXR1000 (K2), 998S (02),

Mood: Generally good
Know the feeling...

Daz, you bring back harrowing memories for me!

I had a 998S back in 2002 that was off the road 5 months out of the 9 months I owned it. Dealer couldn't find the problem (mysterious oil leaks). Eventually it got fixed (sent back to Ducati UK, needed new cylinder sleeves if I recall, after a full engine strip was conducted), and then the clutch gave up on my first outing

That was the last straw and I sold it vowing never to buy another Ducati... and here I am now thinking about my next bike and thinking about a Ducati!! Do we never learn?

I sent a stinking email to the then UK Sales Director of Ducati UK, livid at the quality of build for such an expensive bike and the lack of service in sorting problems. They refused to give me a replacement bike, and I lost 5k out of the 15k I paid (I had a few extras fitted ). Any premium brand in the car market would not get away with it, and I'm with the others who've commented that your and my experiences are simply not good enough. Sounds like they've improved since 02 but not by as much as they need to. Trouble is they make georgious bikes that go like nothing else (on a good day)

I hope it all gets sorted out promptly. Let us know - we'll be waiting for the news!

Best regards