View Single Post
Old 13-Mar-2009, 22:39

Mood: Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter916
Why would mere mortals Need wets, You dont need them for a trip down the local cafe to swoon over your mates bikes, If your going on track to race or purely for enjoyment its all about "Getting it right"
My point wasnt that Im a racing god, But that if Pirelli who design the tyre and go through the R&D to giving specific spec for optimum use of their product.
Why wouldnt you use them ???? is it because You know better than the manufacturer or you think you do???

Chef
You can still use your warmers with their tyres, There is a formula for your very type of warmers, Reducing the time with a higher heat, My notes are at work tho so i would have to find them tomorow.

I'd always listen to your advice and take it..! And I agree with you, I'm just posting with my own ability in mind...small! I think its very important to follow what the manufactures recommendations are. But for most, like me, by the time you've removed warmers, waited 15-20 mins to get queued up, run out to the track the tyres are back to where they were when they came out the van..just as wet and just as cold..
Please don't think I'm disagreeing with you in any way, I'm always out to learn more and take on board what someone like you is offering.. technology changes each day and nothing more so than with tyres..