View Single Post
Old 10-May-2006, 19:57
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by moto748
Quote:
Originally posted by bradders
my 748E would manage about 125-140 before the light came on...

Mine too. Sometimes more, on a run. I got 182 miles out of a tankful the other day!

I think race cans have quite an effect on fuel consumption, but whatever you're running, 85-90 surely can't be right.

Are you filling up to the brim, zhedd44? If you are, then you should be putting 15-15.5 litres in.
Reserve is 25-30 miles.

i put it on the side stand before i fill her up (oo er) and generally don't try to squeeze every last drop in as last time i did that, i had fuel sloshing down the overflow/breather thingy.

i'm running cored standard 45's (with the correct JHP chip), pipercross air fliters and most of my riding is (sub)urban - outskirts of north london. i do like to get a move on, and it is quite hilly where i live, but 85-90 miles before the light doesn't seem right.

come to think of it, the other 748 i had for only 3 weeks (got nicked) would do around a hundred.

perhaps i just rag the bike everywhere - passengers in my car comment on how fast (but safe) i tend to drive, so maybe i'm the same on the bike....dunno really, i don't like to hang around, but i'm certainly no lavalia - not by any stretch of the imagination

[Edited on 10-5-2006 by zhed44]