View Single Post
Old 18-Jun-2004, 16:11
500SD

Mood: Happy as Larry!!!
ducatisps

You are missing the point a little,if i were selling my bike i would remove most of the mods,sell the bike,sell the parts to retrieve some of the money that the bike owes me. If the bike were stolen i would be minus the bike & all the parts,so i wouldn't be in the same position as i was pre-theft! I would get "market value" for a similar standard bike,but i would have a short fall in the cost to return the "new" bike to the spec of the original bike,therefore the insurance company have not completed their side of the contract!
Don't get me wrong,i don't want to make money out of getting a bike stolen,i just want to be in the same position as i was before the act!!
The bike in question is a Foggy rep that with purchasing & modifying now owes me £30,000! I have seen standard bikes advertised for £10,000 in the press,so if that is "market value",i would be £20,000 in the red! Ok, i can't expect an insurance company to cover the depreication,but to return another bike back to the spec of the first bike is still going to be £10,000! The parts still cost the same now as i paid for them,so why won't they cover the parts? After all,i declared all the mods when they took my premium!!

NBs996

I've had a few quotes,i've got two options,pay £800 & get market value(Ducati insurance),or pay £1,200 & get an agreed value(Carole Nash). As this has never been about going for the cheapest quote Carole Nash looks like the best way to go!! I only want my bike insured properly,cost isn't the issue!!