View Single Post
Old 09-Jan-2007, 13:42
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
Oy.... I'm a biker!

I know you are mate (& on the brief occasion I met you at the Brands dsc trackday you seemed like a decent fella).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
I'm not taking any side, just saying that a lot of people never see things from another point of view than theirs. It's called objectivity, and we all lack of it

It may surprise you, but I don't use my enduro bike on green lanes (or smoke! - see my post above), but I do feel very strongly that there WAS enough countryside for everybody to pursue their chosen hobby (whether that's walking, horse riding or trail riding). Sound's like objectivity to me, no???

Outlawing law-abiding motorcyclists from the 5% of green lanes they were allowed to use legally is truly unfair. How long before you're not allowed to ride your road bike on twisty roads within 'areas of outstanding beauty' ??? Seems outrageous & very unfair, but that's exactly what's just been done (legally speaking ) to the trail riding community.

Of course you could look at the ban another way....instead of closing the 5% of trails that vehicles were allowed to use legally, they have opened up the other 95% as you'll still be breaking the same law!!!

VDM......putcha wooden spoon down mate!